Friday 19 October 2012

A special Shabbat Shalom

Sitting at dinner tonight with Gilad Shalit was more moving than I had ever anticipated.
I knew that working with the BJ community would bring my way fantastic opportunities, just from having met the people I am working with. When dinner with Gilad Shalit was put on my schedule I was laissez faire, it's not about him I said to myself, he just stumbled into a situation, no big deal.

Now that all is done and dusted, tonight, sitting across the table from him, with friends from his unit around the room, during dinner, was a special thing.

Being a mother, I had to hug my kids a little tighter,
Being inquisitive made me question how in the world did he survive, and does he appreciate his food more today than before
And i dumbed the cynic in me when we sang together ״להיות עם חופשי בארצנו״ . Here is a man who truly knows what it means to free.

Shabbat Shalom xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment